Popular for its beauty, beaches and affordability, Thailand is one of the most preferred international destinations for every Indian traveller. One of the major attractions for visitors is the convenient visa processing for Thailand visa. There are two ways of obtaining a Thailand visa for Indians. One is the Thailand visa on arrival (VOA) and the other one is to apply visa for Thailand from India before flying off to enjoy your Thailand tour package.
It is recommended to apply for Thailand visa before you travel to avoid long queues and wait time at the Thailand Immigration Checkpoints. Also, if you fail to meet any of the Thailand visa on arrival requirements such as travelling for purposes other than tourism or no Thai Baht to pay the Thailand visa cost or insufficient or incorrect documents required for Thailand visa, you may be fined heavily or even deported as per the discretion of the Thai Officials.
Here is a recommended procedure to obtain a Thailand Visa for Indians.
Eligibility for Thai Visa for Indians
To be eligible for a Thailand e visa, the candidate must fulfil the following criteria:
- The applicant must have a valid passport
- The passport should be valid for minimum 6 months with at least 2 blank pages
- Provide proof of confirmed hotel reservation and return flight tickets
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Thailand
- Applicants intention to leave Thailand at the end of their authorized stay
Documents Required for Thailand Visa Application Form
While applying for a Thai visa online, an applicant needs to submit a set of documents. Thailand visa requirements for Indian citizens are listed below:
- Passport with a validity of 6 months minimum.
- 2 Passport size photographs as per Thailand visa photo requirements.
- Duly filled Thailand visa application form.
- Personal covering letter (For employed – plain paper/ For self-employed – company letterhead).
- Evidence of sufficient funds (20,000 Thai Baht per individual and 40,ooo Thai Baht per family).
- Confirmed return flight tickets.
- Proof of hotel reservation or invitation letter if visiting relative or friend.
How to apply Thailand visa online
In order to apply for Thailand visa for Indian citizens, follow the steps below:
- Before applying for Thailand e visa for Indian, choose the Thai e visa type depending upon the purpose of your visit.
- Prepare your documents as per the list of documents required for Thailand visa.
- Submit all the required documents online along with the Thailand visa form at Akbartravels.com.
- Pay the visa cost for Thailand from India.
- Receive your Thailand evisa within the standard processing time.
Thailand Visa Processing Time
Typically, the Thailand visa processing time is around 5 working days. This time could vary depending upon the Royal Thai Embassy’s procedures. Hence, the applicants are advised to apply for Thailand visa online at least 20 days prior to their departure date in order to avoid any last minute hiccups.
Thailand Visa Validity
A Thai visa for Indians is normally issued for a maximum stay period of 60 days. The number of entries will be provided as per your travel type and itinerary.
Q.Does Thailand visa get rejected?
Ans - Yes, a Thailand visa application can be rejected if:
• The applicant doesn’t have proof of sufficient funds
• If the information submitted in the application form for Thailand visa is incomplete or incorrect
• The applicant selected wrong visa category while filling the Thailand visa application form
• If the validity of applicant’s passport is less than 6 months
• If they overstayed or violated visa conditions upon their previous visits to Thailand
• In case of Thailand visa on arrival: They don’t have Thai Baht to pay the Thailand visa cost for 15 days.
Q.How much is Thailand visa fee?
Ans - Generally, Thailand visa cost for Indian starts from INR 7,499 and it takes up to 5 working days to process. However, if you avail our Express Services for Thai tourist visa which takes up to 24 hours to process then the Thailand tourist visa price will be INR 11,999.
Q.Is visa on arrival open in Thailand 2022?
Ans - Yes, however it is advised to apply for tourist visa for Thailand from India 2022 as Thailand visa on arrival is only issued for a shorter duration and it can take a long time to clear Thailand immigrations. Also, if you fail to fulfil any Thailand entry requirements for visa on arrival you may be denied entry into the country which may not only lead to your trip getting cancelled but also losing your hard earned money which you invested in your Thailand holidays.
Q.How long Thai visa takes?
Ans - Normally, Thailand visa for Indians can take up to 5 working days to process. However, if you apply for Express Thailand visa it can be processed within 24 hours.
Q.Do I need a visa for Bangkok?
Ans - Yes, you need to obtain a Bangkok visa for Indian before travelling to the country. And since Bangkok is a part of Thailand, you can easily visit Bangkok with a Thailand visa there is no need for a separate Bangkok tourist visa for Indian.
Q.How to get a Phuket visa?
Ans - The procedure to get a Phuket visa for Indian is similar to the Thailand visa application process. As Phuket is a part of Thailand, you can visit any part of Thailand such as Phuket and Bangkok with a valid Thai visa.
Q.Is Thailand visa easy to get?
Ans - Yes, if you apply for Thailand e visa online via a reliable travel agent such as Akbartravels.com, getting a Thailand visa is as easy as 1 2 3! All you have to do is visit our website, select your Thailand visa category, fill and submit the Thailand visa application form with all the relevant documents and pay the Thailand visa price. That’s it!
Q.How much bank balance is required for Thailand visa?
Ans - When you apply for a Thailand tourist visa for Indians, you must provide your bank statements as proof of sufficient funds – amount equivalent to THB 20,000 in case travelling alone and THB 40,000 in case of travelling with family.
Q.What are the requirements for Thailand visa?
Ans - Thailand visa requirements for Indian citizens include:
• A valid passport with minimum 6 months of validity left
• Passport sized photos as per the Thailand visa rules
• Confirmed flight tickets to and from Thailand
• Proof of accommodation – hotel reservation receipt or a local address
• Bank statements showing proof of sufficient funds
Q.Is the Thailand visa price for Indian refundable in case of visa rejection?
Ans - No, the Thailand visa cost for Indian is non-refundable regardless of your application status.
Need help with your Thailand Visa Application?
Applying for a Thailand Visa online is relatively an easy process but minor mistakes could result in a Thailand visa rejection. To ensure you get your Thailand visa successfully it is best to take help of an experienced visa agent. Akbartravels.com is an expert in processing all Thailand visa types. With professional services delivered by our experienced Visa Experts, Akbartravels.com provides its customers with a swift and effortless process to obtain an e visa for Thailand from India. With over 40 years of experience in travel & tourism sector we have helped significant number of individuals in getting a successful Thailand visa in first attempt. Moreover, fromcheap flights to Thailand, visa to accommodations,Thailandtour packages and everything in between, we can handle it all.
Thailand Visa Blogs:
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 60 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Honeymoon Packages | Adventure Packages | Visa on Arrival Packages | Family Packages | Romantic Packages | Weekend Getaways Packages
Flights To Thailand
Mumbai Bangkok Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Chennai Bangkok Flights | Bangalore Bangkok Flights | Hyderabad Bangkok Flights
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights