Thailand is a tourist hotspot for the young and the old looking for an ever-relaxing getaway without spending a fortune on a trip abroad. You can relax on the beaches of Phuket, meet the royal tigers at the wildlife sanctuaries, enjoy the delicious food and nightlife of Pattaya, have some spiritual time in one of the 40 thousand monasteries or simply transport yourself back in time while visiting over 5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, all while on your trip to Thailand. If you are planning to visit Thailand for all these touristy things, you can apply for a Thailand tourist visa for Indians. But, if you are planning to visit Thailand for business purposes, you would require a Thailand business visa.
A Thai business visa is useful for purposes such as employment or business in Thailand and is officially called a “Non-Immigrant B Visa.”
Indians who wish to - invest or conduct business in Thailand or apply for a Thailand Work Permit to take up employment in Thailand can apply for a Thailand business visa. Specific Thailand business visa requirements such as having a clear criminal background, a valid passport, bank statements that show the sufficient amount of money for the entire stay, etc. are necessary to be accomplished by applicants who wish to receive a Thai business visa.
There are 2 categories of the Non-immigrant B visa:
1. Non-immigrant B visa for Conducting Business
Depending upon the Thai visa type it can be a single entry visa, which is valid for 90 days and has a stay period of 90 days or a multiple entry visa that is valid for 1 year, with a stay period of up to 90 days upon each entry.
2. Non-immigrant B visa for Employment
This is initially issued for 90 days. During these 90 days the employer will have to apply for the applicants Thailand Work Permit.
The different types of Non-immigrant B visa are:
- Non-Immigrant B Visa (Business Visa) – This visa is for those who wish to conduct business in Thailand or apply for a Thailand work permit and take up employment in Thailand.
- Non-Immigrant B-A Visa (Business Approved Visa) – This visa is for those who wish to start a business in Thailand or invest in a Thai business.
- Non-Immigrant IB Visa (Investment and Business Visa) - This is specifically for foreign nationals employed to work on investment projects which operate under the Board of Investment of Thailand (BOI).
- Non-Immigrant B (Teaching Visa) - Foreign nationals who plan to take employment in Thailand as a school teacher can apply for this visa.
Validity & Stay Period:
Thailand business visas are issued as single entry or multiple entry visas depending upon their category. A single-entry business visa for Thailand will allow you to enter Thailand only once for a period of 90 days within its 90 days validity. Whereas a multiple entry Thai business visa will allow you to visit Thailand multiple times during its validity period of 1 year however, you cannot exceed your stay over 90 days during each visit.
Documents required for Thailand Visa application:
- Valid Passport – with 2 blank pages and minimum 6 months of validity remaining
- Duly filled and signed Thailand business visa application form
- 2 recent coloured passport sized photos - as per Thailand visa photo specifications
- Confirmed round trip flight tickets
- A local address in Thailand as proof of accommodation
- Bank statements – as proof of sufficient funds (showing equivalent to THB 20,000 if traveling alone or THB 40,000 if traveling with family – if employed in a company and THB 500,000 deposited in the last 6 months - if self-employed)
- If the applicant is self-employed:
- A copy of the business license or business registration indicating the applicant's name.
- If the applicant is employed:
Original letter from the company in India –
- Signed by the manager and on the company letterhead
- Stating the details of the host in Thailand
- Your purpose to visit Thailand
- Position in the company
- How long you have been working for the company.
- The letter must also mention if the company is going to sponsor the applicants visit to Thailand or not. If the company is sponsoring the trip then they must provide their bank statements as well.
- Letter of approval from the Thailand Ministry of Labour – to be obtained by the Employer
- Other documents required from the company in Thailand –
- Business License and Business Registration Certificates
- Profile of the company
- List of stockholders
- Business operation details
- List of foreign nationals working in the company with their names, designations, etc.
- VAT Registration
- Company’s Income Tax and Business Tax Statements
- Map marking the company’s location.
Note: All the above documents must have the seal of the company, and must be signed by the company’s Board of Directors, and authorized managing director.
- Note: All documents submitted must be notarized, documents must be in English or translated to Thai, and additional documents can be asked at the discretion of the officials.
How to apply for a Thailand business visa
A visa to Thailand is a physical sticker affixed to a page in the passport.
Applications for business visa to Thailand must be submitted to any Thai Embassy or Consulate. Thailand business visa fees for Indians may vary and is subject to change. The visa application process is as follows:
- Determine the type of Thailand business visa you wish to apply for
- Gather all the relevant documents as per the checklist and visit the Thailand Consulate or the Embassy.
- Fill the Thailand business visa application form.
- Submit your visa documents and pay the Thailand business visa price.
- Receive your Thailand business visa for Indians as per standard processing time.
Thailand business visa processing time:
Thailand business visa usually takes 5 -7 working days to process, however it may vary depending upon the demand and the number of visa applications the consulate receives.
Extension of Thailand Non-Immigrant Business Visa
It is possible to extend your Thailand business visa for one year in Thailand at the Thailand immigration office that is designated to your residential area. However, at the time of extension you are required to submit all the same documents you submitted initially along with your Thailand work permit.
Q.Can I get a business visa for Thailand?
Ans - Yes. If you fulfil all the Thailand Business visa requirements and provide all the documents required for Thailand visa, you can absolutely get a business visa for Thailand.
Q.How long does it take to process Thailand visa for Indians?
Ans - Thai visa for Indians usually gets processed within 48 hours.
Q.Who is eligible for a Thai business visa?
Ans - Foreigners who fulfil all the Thailand business visa requirements are eligible for a Thailand business visa.
Q.What is the Thailand business visa fees for Indians?
Ans - The Thailand visa price for Indians starts from INR 11,999/-. However, it may vary depending upon the category of the Thailand visa.
Q.What is the difference between tourist visa and business visa?
Ans - Thailand tourist visa for Indians is issued solely for the purpose of tourism only. You cannot conduct business or get a job with a Thai tourist visa. If you plan to conduct business or invest in a business in Thailand, you can do so with a Thailand business visa only.
Q.Can I get a discount on Thailand visa price?
Ans - Yes, if you apply Thailand visa online via Akbartravels.com, then you can enjoy special deals and discounts and avail exclusive offers on Thailand visa cost for Indians.
Q.Is Thailand business visa price refundable?
Ans - No. Thailand visa cost is strictly non-refundable, irrespective of the application status.
Q.What is the duration of a Thailand business visa?
Ans - Depending upon the Thailand business visa type it can be issued for a period of 3 months (single entry) or 1 year (multiple entry). The stay period for both the types of Thai business visa is 90 days.
Q.Can I get a job with Bangkok visa?
Ans - There is no such thing as a Bangkok visa for Indians, as Bangkok is the capital of Thailand. But, if you are visiting Thailand on a tourist visa you cannot get a job or work with any Thai establishment, you will need to apply for a business visa for Thailand from India.
How can Akbartravels help you?
We at Akbartravels.com understand that dealing with visa procedures can be stressful, confusing and time-consuming, so we aim to provide a simple, quick and easy Thailand visa application service which is delivered by highly professional and experienced Visa Experts. We take immense care to process your visa application including document verification, form filling and document submission to the Embassy and collection of Thailand visa.
Thailand Visa Blogs:
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 90 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Honeymoon Packages | Adventure Packages | Visa on Arrival Packages | Family Packages | Romantic Packages | Weekend Getaways Packages
Flights To Thailand
Mumbai Bangkok Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Chennai Bangkok Flights | Bangalore Bangkok Flights | Hyderabad Bangkok Flights
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights