Thailand is an international travel destination in South-East Asia known for its unique tropical landscape, world-class cities and an effortless Thailand visa process. Historically known as Siam, Thailand has majestic mountains and beautiful beaches that not only cater to the mountain lovers and the beach lovers alike but also the foodies through its globally recognised Thai cuisine. The country has retained its culture along with modern facilities to assist travellers making it one of the few countries in the world to do so. The predominant Buddhist culture and the influx of international travellers makes it a unique destination to study where you can experience and learn everything you want to in a tropical country.
If you want to study or wish to participate in projects, attend seminars, workshops, training course or internship programmes in Thailand, you will need to apply for a Thai Student Visa or a Thailand Education Visa which is officially called a Non-immigrant visa-ED. All the necessary documents including the details of the seminar, internship, workshop or course that you wish to attend must be submitted along with your Thailand Education Visa application to ascertain that they meet the minimum Thailand student visa requirements which are required for you to be eligible for Thailand Non-immigrant visa category ED.
We have gathered all the necessary resources to guide you as to how to go about the application process for Thailand Student Visa for Indians.
Who is Eligible to Apply for the Education Visa Thailand?
- People of every nationality can apply for a one-year Non-Immigrant Education Visa.
- Please note that people of the following nationalities: Bangladesh, China, India, Iran, Sri-Lanka and Middle Eastern countries must apply from their country of origin.
- The student must be at least 15 years old and enrolled in one of the Educational Institute in Thailand accredited by the Government.
- The student must be enrolled in at least 3 - 4 courses in Thailand as proof of studies.
- The student must have minimum 15 hours of classes per week.
- The validity of a Thailand visa is 3 months. It can be a single entry or a multiple entry visa.
- According to Thai immigration law, foreigners are only allowed to stay in Thailand for 90 days unless by special permission. However, if an applicant is registered with small schools, they can take support from the authorized schools in Thailand for the visas for several years; but are supposed to pay for visa extensions every 90 days, which costs 1,900 Baht each time.
- All visas are valid only for 90 days from the date of issuance. The traveller has to visit Thailand within 90 days of validity period of the visa. This is separate from the length of stay that the visa allows you upon entry, which is also 90 days.
Stay Period & Renewal of the issued Visa:
- A student visa is only valid for 90 days when you first receive it. Within this 90-day stay period, you need to register and pay your tuition fees for the upcoming semester. With a letter confirming your registration, you can then apply for a Thailand visa extension to cover the full study period.
- After receiving your student visa for Thailand from India, you have to report your address to the Immigration Department of Thailand every 3 months. Failure in doing so can lead to a fine of up to 2,000 TBH. This rule is mandatory for all non-immigrant visa holders regardless of their visa category.
- A Student Visa for Thailand can take anywhere between 5 to 10 business days to process depending upon the Thailand Embassy or Consulate through which you apply. Hence it is recommended to apply at least 15-20 days before you plan to travel.
To support your application, present the following documents:
- Your passport, with at least 6 months validity and 2 blank pages remaining (if you plan to apply for 1-year student visa Thailand then your passport must have 18 months of validity left).
- Recent coloured passport-sized photos as per Thai Visa Photo Specifications.
- A signed copy of the original course application form which you filled at the time of admission.
- A completed Thailand student visa application form.
- A photocopy of the information page of your passport, signed.
- The admission letter from your school in Thailand (on the school’s letterhead and must be signed by an authorised personnel).
Note: This is not an exhaustive list, Officials at the Thai Embassy or Consulate may ask for additional documents if deemed necessary. All documents submitted must be in Thai or English.
- Approval letter from the Ministry of Education (in case it’s a private institute)
- Receipt showing payment of full course fees or at least 50% fees.
- A copy of license of the educational institute.
- Registration documents of the organisation where you plan to intern or attend the seminar or workshop.
- Educational certificates (along with a student ID if studying currently).
- In case of internship: A confirmation letter from the institute/organisation where you are planning to intern at and a confirmation letter from the current employer or institute where you are enrolled.
- The Thailand student visa fee of 2,000THB or local equivalent (subject to change without prior notice).
- Bank statements as proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Thailand.
- A medical examination report.
- Proof of accommodation (hostel address or copy of house lease).
- If you are enrolled in a course which is only for a year, you will also need a PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) issued by the authorities as a proof of no criminal background.
Student Visa Application for Thailand:
The student visa application is quite easy as long as you follow the Thailand ED visa new rules.
Note: If you are visiting Thailand on a Thailand tourist visa, you must first apply to change your visa category at the Office of the Thai Immigration Bureau in Bangkok before your current visa expires. However, you cannot change your visa category if you are travelling to Thailand with a Thailand visa on Arrival. In such a scenario you will have to leave and re-enter Thailand with your new Non-immigrant Thai ED visa.
- The first thing you will need to do to obtain a Student Thailand visa is to find a course that you want to study and apply to the institutions for the same.
- If you are already in Thailand, the school where you enroll will apply for a letter from the Ministry of Education on your behalf. It will take 3-5 weeks to obtain this letter (make sure your current visa lasts until you obtain the letter).
- Many educational facilities around Thailand that are registered with the Ministry of Education can also produce admission letters for you. Once you have this letter, you will have to leave the country to apply for the ED visa.
- Visit the Thailand Embassy or Consulate in your country of origin.
- Gather all the relevant documents.
- Submit all the required documents along with a completely filled and signed Thailand student visa application form.
- Pay the student visa Thailand price (Depending upon where you apply, the Embassy or Consulate could ask you to make payment through Bank Order or in Cash).
- Wait for the non ED visa Thailand visa to be processed and then collect your passport from the Thai Embassy or Consulate.
Q.Can I work in Thailand with a student visa?
Ans - No, you cannot work in Thailand with a Thai student visa. If you wish to work in Thailand, you will need a Thailand work visa. However, the authorities strictly do not approve issuing work permits to student visa holders in Thailand.
Q.How long is education visa in Thailand?
Ans - Thailand visa for Indian students is valid for 3 months. However, it can be extended until your course completion.
Q.How much bank balance is required for Thailand student visa?
Ans - When you apply for a Thai visa for education, you are required to submit up to 6 months of bank statements showing adequate funds. Your funds must be sufficient to cover the cost of your course fees and accommodation expenses in Thailand.
Q.Does Thailand visa get rejected?
Ans - Yes. You may face a Thailand visa rejection if you don’t provide all the necessary documents or submit false or fake documents, if you don’t have adequate funds, or if there are any discrepancies in your Thailand visa application form.
Q.Is Thailand visa easy to get?
Ans - Yes. If you fulfil all the Thailand visa requirements, submit all the relevant documents required for Thailand visa and pay the Thailand visa cost at the time of filling the Thailand visa application, you can easily get your Thailand tourist visa for Indians within 5 days. Also, if you apply for a Thailand express visa you can get your Thai visa for Indians in 24 hours.
Q.Is visa free for Thailand in 2022?
Ans - No. Indians visiting Thailand need a tourist visa for Thailand from India 2022.
Q.How much is a 3 month visa to Thailand?
Ans - The Thailand visa cost for Indians for a 3 month visa is up to INR 5,999. Please note that the Thailand visa price is non-refundable even if you cancel your Thailand visa application or your Thailand visa application form gets rejected.
Q.What happens if I overstay my visa in Thailand?
Ans - It is illegal to overstay in Thailand. You must leave Thailand or return to your country of origin after you have exhausted your stay period in Thailand, if you wish to avoid deportation, heavy fines, and getting banned from visiting Thailand ever again.
Q.Can I get a discount on visa cost for Thailand from India?
Ans - Yes! If you apply Thailand visa online via Akbartrtavels.com, you can easily avail exclusive deals and discounts on your Thailand visa price for Indians.
Q.Can I study in Thailand with my Thailand tourist visa?
Ans - No. If you wish to study in Thailand you can apply for a change of visa category to Non-immigration ED visa while you are in the country on a Thailand tourist visa. The Thailand visa rules are very strict and working or studying in Thailand on a tourist visa is strictly prohibited.
What are the services that Akbar Travels provide?
In order for you to get a Thailand Student visa, you need to first visit the country. The easiest way to apply for a Thailand student visa is to visit the country to apply for an educational course. At Akbartravels.com, we help you throughout the application process of your visa. We provide assistance and counselling on your study abroad queries only through our website. You can apply for a Thailand Tourist Visa online with the help of our visa experts and get all your queries answered.
Thailand Visa Blogs:
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 90 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Honeymoon Packages | Adventure Packages | Visa on Arrival Packages | Family Packages | Romantic Packages | Weekend Getaways Packages
Flights To Thailand
Mumbai Bangkok Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Chennai Bangkok Flights | Bangalore Bangkok Flights | Hyderabad Bangkok Flights
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights