In case of applying for a Sri Lanka Visa, one needs to be mindful of not only the proper application process but also the various Sri Lanka Visa rules and regulations, document specifications, etc. All these points need to be kept in mind to avoid a Sri Lanka visa rejection.
These are some of the specific Sri Lanka Visa rules and regulations that will help you in an easy Srilanka eVisa application process:
- Indian citizens must have a Sri Lanka eVisa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to enter Sri Lanka.
- It is important to choose the right type of Srilanka eVisa. The type of entry document you must apply for is determined by the purpose of your trip. People travelling to Sri Lanka for tourism, business, religious purposes or volunteer work can opt for the Sri Lanka visa in advance.
- The types of Sri Lanka eVisas are as follows:
- Sri Lanka Tourist Visa -
A type of Sri Lanka visit visa for Indians who want to enter Sri Lanka for sightseeing, exploring, relaxation or visiting friends or family for a period of up to 6 months can opt for the Sri Lanka Tourist visa. This visa is valid for 30 days and permits double entry into Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Business Visa -
Another type of Sri Lanka visit visa for Indians, the Sri Lanka business visa is issued to foreign nationals wanting to enter Sri Lanka for business purposes like meetings, conferences, exhibitions, deal signing, etc. This visa is valid for 6 months for a stay of up to 30 days and permits multiple entries into Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Transit Visa -
The Transit visa permits foreign nationals' admission into Sri Lanka for a brief period of time on the course to their next destination. However, you do not need the Sri Lanka Transit Visa if you do not plan on leaving the airport premises.
- Sri Lanka Residence Visa -
If you plan to live long-term in Sri Lanka you can obtain a Sri Lanka residence. The Visa process should be carried out by the individual/institution from the Sri Lanka end. The Sri Lanka residence visa can be obtained for the purposes of employment, investment, student, Ex-Sri Lankans, dependents, etc.
- The process to apply for a Sri Lanka ETA has made the visa application process easier. It has replaced the need to apply for an in-person Sri Lanka label or stamp visa.
- Since the Sri Lanka ETA Visa is issued over email it is important to take a printout of the ETA and present it to the Officials in Sri Lanka. We advise you to keep a copy of the ETA throughout your trip.
- You can apply for the E-visa as early as 90 days before the date of your flight.
- Some mandatory rules regarding the Sri Lanka visa documents are:
- Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Sri Lanka.
- You must possess confirmed return flight tickets.
- Show proof of sufficient funds in your bank account to support your entire trip.
- Including the above-mentioned Sri Lanka visa documents you also need to present the ETA Approval Print Copy at the Sri Lanka port of entry.
- Indian passport holders are also eligible to obtain a Sri Lanka visa on arrival at the port of entry. However, we would advise getting your visa beforehand to avoid long queues at the port of entry.
- If you are only transiting through Sri Lanka, meaning you do not leave the airport area and are in the country for less than two days, you do not require a visa or an ETA.
- Children under 12 years of age are not required to pay the visa processing fee for up to 30 days.
- Under no circumstance could you change the status of your visa while in Sri Lanka. For example, a person who visits Sri Lanka on holiday cannot engage in any business, profession, social work, charity or any other form of voluntary work or employment paid or unpaid without obtaining prior visas for such purposes. If such changes are required after arrival in Sri Lanka, the person will be required to leave the country and obtain the appropriate visa from the nearest Sri Lankan Mission, with the approval of the Controller General of Immigration & Emigration.
- It is possible to get an extension on your Srilanka eVisa, given you apply to Sri Lanka’s Department of Immigration & Emigration with the proper documents and a strong reason.
- Overstaying your visa without renewal will cost a fine and possible detention and deportation. You may even face a ban on entering Sri Lanka again.
Sri Lanka Visa Fees:
|Types of Sri Lanka eVisa||Sri Lanka Visa Validity||Stay in Sri Lanka||Entry Type||Processing Time||Visa Fees|
|30 days Sri Lanka Tourist ETA||6 months||30 days||Double Entry||1-2 days||INR 1,999/-|
|30 days Sri Lanka Business ETA||6 months||30 days||Multiple Entry||1-2 days||INR 2,699/-|
Q.How long is a Sri Lanka eVisa valid for?
Ans - A Sri Lanka eVisa is usually valid for 6 months depending upon your visa type.
Q.Why can my Sri Lanka visa get rejected?
Ans - Even though the Sri Lanka visa for Indians has a high acceptance, there are some reasons for Sri Lanka visa rejection like an incomplete application for, blurred or false documents, etc.
Q.Can I work in Sri Lanka on a Sri Lanka tourist visa?
Ans - No, if you plan on working in Sri Lanka you will need to apply for a Sri Lanka work visa. It is illegal to work on a tourist visa in Sri Lanka.
Q.What is the Sri Lanka tourist visa cost for Indian citizens?
Ans - The Sri Lanka tourist visa cost for Indian citizens is INR 1999/-.
Q.How will I know if my Sri Lanka ETA is confirmed?
Ans - While you apply for a Sri Lanka ETA you will receive the confirmation for the same visa email. You will have to get a printout of the ETA to present during your trip.
Q.What is the Sri Lanka visa price for Indians?
Ans - The Sri Lanka visa price for Indians starts at INR 1999/- and further depends upon your Sri Lanka visa type and duration.
Q.What is the Sri Lanka ETA Visa?
Ans - The Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (Sri Lanka ETA Visa) is basically the Sri Lanka electronic visa which can be procured online.
Q.Does Sri Lanka offer Visa on Arrival for Indians?
Ans - Yes, Sri Lanka does offer Visa on Arrival for Indians, however, it is advisable to get a visa beforehand.
Q.What is the processing time for a Srilanka visa for Indians?
Ans - Srilanka visa for Indians can be processed in 1-2 days, given that all the necessary Sri Lanka documents are in order.
Q.Can I extend my Sri Lanka Visa?
Ans - Yes, it is possible to get an extension easily on your Sri Lanka visa.
Q.How long can I stay in Sri Lanka on a transit visa?
Ans - Sri Lanka allows travellers to stay in Sri Lanka for 2 days on a transit visa.
How can Akbar Travels help you obtain a Sri Lanka Visa?
We are experts in the travel and tourism sector with over 40 years of experience. Through our expertise, in-depth knowledge and integrity, we commit to delivering an exceptional experience to our customers each and every time you use our service. Apply for your Sri Lanka ETA through us and gain a significant advantage in obtaining the visa promptly without having to step out of your home.
Sri Lanka Visa Blogs:
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 90 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Honeymoon Packages | Adventure Packages | Visa on Arrival Packages | Family Packages | Romantic Packages | Weekend Getaways Packages
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights