In order to apply for Italy Visa, the most important part is understanding the Rules and Regulations for the country. This knowledge can help applicants understand the process and avoid Visa Rejection.
Here are all the Italy visa rules and regulations you need to know
- The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you intend to travel. You should apply no later than 15 working days in advance.
- The Italy Schengen visa allows the visa holder to enter the territories of the 26 Schengen areas freely without any border or immigration restrictions. Thisincludes Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Austria, and more.
- The most common types of Italy Visa for Indians (Schengen Visa) are the short stay visa and long stay visa. The short stay visa is applicable for the purpose of tourism, visit or business travel. However, the decision lies completely at the discretion of the Embassy.
- Italy Visa with a short stay permit generally allows applicants to stay for a period of 90 days with a validity of 6 months. You may get the Italy Schengen Visa only for the number of days that you present in your travel itinerary and your flight & hotel bookings.
- An Italy Schengen Visa may allow for a single entry or multiple entries depending upon your purpose of travel and itinerary.
- Typically, an Italy Visa takes up to 5-15 days to process in the Italy Consulate. The processing time for an Italy Visa is dependent on several factors and can change without prior notice at the consulate’s discretion. In some cases, it can take up to 30 days.
- Make a checklist of all the documents required for the visa application. Common documents required are your passport, photographs, cover letter, Employment letter, bank statements, Income tax returns, flight tickets, hotel reservations or Invitation letter from family/friend and Travel insurance. For complete list of documentation, click here
- If you intend to visit Italy, then it is very important to identify which embassy or consulate you have to apply through to the Italian embassy in your country of residence.
- If you are going to travel to more than one Schengen country during your travel be aware that you need to outline your itinerary and have to apply through the embassy of the country to where you will spend maximum number of days.
- The visa is non-extendable and non-transferable. You cannot extend your Italy short-stay while in Italy except in special circumstances. It is illegal to exceed your permitted period of stay. Instead, you must return to your home country within the permitted period of stay and apply for another Italy Visa if necessary.
- In order to submit your visa application, an appointment at the Visa application center is mandatory. Every member of the family needs an individual appointment.
- VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd. is the preferred outsourced partner to the Embassy & Consulate General of Italy in India authorized to collect and process all Italy Visa applications. The VAC acts as an intermediary and has no influence over the visa decision.
- Personal appearance of the applicant is mandatory at the Visa Application Center VFS in order to submit biometrics (Including fingerprints and digital photograph) and visa file. When you hand in your application personally during your appointment, make sure that you show them both originals and copies of your papers.
- When you submit your application, you need to provide your fingerprints and photographs. This biometric data will remain valid for 5 years. Some applicants, such as children under the age of 12, do not need to have their fingerprints taken.
- Once you submit the application successfully, the Embassy will issue a receipt with your application reference number. Make sure you make a note of the reference number. You can even track the progress or status of your visa application on the Italy VFS website using the VFS reference number and your name.
How can Akbar Travels help you?
So, now that you are ready to appy for a Visa, visit or log on toAkbartravels.com and give us a chance tohelp you with your Italy visa application and make your trip most memorable, through easy and simplified visa processing services.
How to apply Italy Visa in 5 easy steps
Common Reasons for Italy Visa Rejection
Tips to get Italy Visa for Indians