In order to be able to receive a visa for any country, the visa applicant must be able to understand the basic eligibility rules. If you want to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you need to follow the Sri Lanka Visa Eligibility rules. Failing to meet the required eligibility criteria, one may not get a visa approval. The eligibility criteria differ according to different countries. And, fortunately, Sri Lanka's Eligibility criteria are comparatively less complicated than many other countries.
Here are the basic requirements for any individual planning a trip to Sri Lanka.
Types of Sri Lanka Visas:
According to the purpose of the visit, the following types of visas are issued to foreign nationals:
- Online Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) Visit Visa- Valid for 30 days.
- Sri Lanka Tourist Visa - Valid for 6 months.
- Sri Lanka Business Visa - Valid for 6 months
- Residence Visa - Valid for 1 year
- Transit Visa - Valid for 15 days.
Now all these different types of Sri Lanka visas have different eligibility and requirements. But there are also some mandatory common Srilanka visa requirements.
Sri Lanka Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens:
Indian nationals can apply for a Sri Lanka ETA Visa which is a 100% online process. The Sri Lanka ETA visa can be processed in 1-2 days and has a high acceptance rate also.
To be eligible for a Sri Lanka for Indians, the mandatory Srilanka Visa documents are as follows:
- Must have a valid Indian passport with at least 6 months of validity. The passport should also have a minimum of 3 blank pages.
- Must possess confirmed return flight tickets.
- Must have proof of sufficient funds to cover all kinds of expenses on visiting Sri Lanka.
If you are planning a trip to Sri Lanka, you will be eligible for it only if you follow these basic eligibility requirements:
- The Sri Lanka embassy should be convinced that the applicant is suitable to enter Sri Lanka. They should not have any doubts about the applicant, their criminal record, or any other factor.
- The Sri Lanka embassy should approve the purpose of entering Sri Lanka. The applicant needs to be very precise and sure about the purpose of their travel. Doubts on the purpose of travel can straight away lead to Visa rejection.
- The applicant must hold a valid passport with a minimum period of six months of validity from the date you plan to reach Sri Lanka.
- The applicant must have sufficient funds in order to survive in the country. There should be enough bank balance to cover all the costs in Sri Lanka.
- You are in the possession of a written assurance to return (your air ticket) to the home country or a visa to the next country you are going to travel to if you are a visit visa holder.
Sri Lanka Visa Fees
|Types of Sri Lanka eVisa||Sri Lanka Visa Validity||Stay in Sri Lanka||Entry Type||Processing Time||Visa Fees|
|30 days Sri Lanka Tourist ETA||6 months||30 days||Double Entry||1-2 days||INR 1,999/-|
|30 days Sri Lanka Business ETA||6 months||30 days||Multiple Entry||1-2 days||INR 2,699/-|
Sri Lanka eVisa Application Process:
You can apply for a Sri Lanka ETA with this easy process:
- Visit Akbartravels.com and select your Sri Lanka eVisa type.
- Submit the relevant documents and pay the Sri Lanka eVisa fee.
- Receive your Sri Lanka eVisa online
Q.Does an approved Sri Lanka visa guarantee my entry into Sri Lanka?
Ans - No, your entry into Sri Lanka is solely under the discretion of the Sri Lanka immigration officer.
Q.Where can I apply for a Srilanka eVisa online?
Ans - You can apply for a Sri Lanka eVisa online by visiting Akbartravels.com and filling out the Srilanka eVisa application online.
Q.When do I need to apply for the Sri Lanka transit visa?
Ans - You need to apply for the Sri Lanka transit visa only if you plan on exiting the airport.
Q.What is the Sri Lanka ETA Visa?
Ans - Sri Lanka’s eVisa is called the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) and is a completely online process.
Q.What is the necessary document for a Sri Lanka business visa?
Ans - An invitation letter and address of the Sri Lanka business or company are a must while applying for a Sri Lanka business visa.
Q.Is it possible that my Sri Lanka visa gets rejected?
Ans - Yes, there are several reasons for a Sri Lanka Visa Rejection like blurred or false documents, incomplete visa application forms, etc.
Q.What is the processing time for a Sri Lanka visa for Indians?
Ans - A Sri Lanka visa for Indians can be processed easily in 1-2 days given that all the necessary documents are in order.
Q.What is the Sri Lanka visa cost for Indians?
Ans - The Sri Lanka visa cost starts from INR 1999/- and further depends upon your visa type and duration.
Q.Is it easy to get a Srilanka Visa for Indians?
Ans - Yes, Indian nationals can apply for the easy Sri Lanka ETA Visa online which is valid for a stay of up to 30 days.
Q.What are the Sri Lanka eVisa requirements?
Ans - The mandatory Sri Lanka eVisa requirements are a valid passport, confirmed flight tickets and sufficient funds proof.
How can Akbar Travels help?
We are experts in the travel and tourism sector with over 40 years of experience. Through our expertise, in-depth knowledge and integrity, we commit to delivering an exceptional experience to our customers each and every time you use our service. Getting your Sri Lanka ETA through the electronic process is beneficial in many ways and the most significant advantage is that you can obtain the visa promptly without having to step out of your home. Moreover, from cheap flightstoSri Lanka, visa to accommodations,Sri Lankatour packages and everything in between, we can handle it all.
Sri Lanka Visa Blogs:
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 60 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Honeymoon Packages | Adventure Packages | Visa on Arrival Packages | Family Packages | Romantic Packages | Weekend Getaways Packages
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights