A UK visa is the authorizing document that gives worldwide citizens the right to enter, stay temporarily or live forever in the territory of UK. A UK Visa is usually either a stamp you receive in your passport or a document given by a UK consulate or embassy in your country of residence.
If your visa application gets approval, it means that you are eligible to enter the UK and that you meet the requirements for the particular type visa approval. There are different reasons why people want to apply for a UK visa.
Types of UK Visa
UK Visitor Visas - Standard Visitor Visa
If an individual wants to visit the UK for tourism, leisure, attending events/seminar, medical treatment, business (based on Visitor Visa Rules), etc. he/she can apply for the UK Standard Visitor Visa.
UK Study Visas (Tier 4)
Applicants over the age of 16 who wish to study or take up a course in the UK can apply for the Student Visa. The applicant must be from outside the EEA and Switzerland in order to be eligible for the application. The student is required to show proof of sufficient funds in his/her savings account while being eligible to speak, read, write, and understand English.
UK Work Visa (Tier 1)
The individuals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland can consider applying for the UK Investor Visa if the investment in the UK is £2,000,000 or above.
UK Work Visa (Tier 2)
- Investor: Individuals from outside the EEA and Switzerland who have been offered a skilled job in the UK are eligible to apply for the UK General Tier 2 Wok Visa. In order to work and live in the UK, the applicant must be employed by a licensed sponsor. Applicants from outside the UK can expect to get a decision within three weeks.
- Entrepreneur: Individuals from outside the EEA and Switzerland who wish to set up or run a business in the UK with £50,000 or more can apply for the UK Entrepreneur Tier 1 Work Visa.
- Graduate Entrepreneur: The applicants who are graduates from outside the EEA and Switzerland can apply for the visa once either the Department for International Trade (DIT) or an authorized endorsing UK higher education institution (HEI) officially endorses them.
- Exceptional Talent: If the applicant is endorsed as either a recognized leader (exceptional talent) or an emerging leader (exceptional promise) in the field of science, engineering, humanities, medicine, digital technology or the arts, he/she can apply for the UK Exceptional Talent Tier 1 Work Visa.
UK Work Visa (Tier 5)
- Government Authorized Exchange
- Youth Mobility Scheme
- Creative and Sporting Visas
- Charity Worker
- Religious Worker
- International Agreement
UK Family Visas
- Family Visas: An individual will need a family visa to visit the UK in order to live with a family member for more than 6 months.
- UK Ancestry: An applicant can apply for the UK Ancestry Visa three months prior to the intended date of travel.
- UK Settlement
- Right of Abode
- Residence Permit
How can Akbar Travels Help you?
The UK immigration laws are extremely complex and constantly changing. They have a strict criterion relating to different type of UK visas. Therefore, it is essential you get the right advice from an expert to make sure your application is successful, the first time itself. Speak to our Visa Expert at Akbar Travels, who will work with you to ensure you are relieved of the stress and worry inherent with such applications.
How to apply for a UK Visa
Tips to get UK Visa
Reasons for UK Visa Rejection