Sri Lanka is a gorgeous island country located at the southern tip of India. The small country is filled with a lot of natural beauty and it is the main tourist attraction of Sri Lanka. A trip to Sri Lanka should definitely be on the cards if you hope to relax and rejuvenate in the lap of nature.
To visit Sri Lanka it is a must to obtain a Sri Lanka visa or a travel authorisation. However, it is fairly easy to obtain a Sri Lanka visa. The Sri Lankan Government has come up with the latest electronic Sri Lanka Visa (Sri Lanka eVisa), referred to as Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for people who will be visiting their country for a shorter duration of time. This visa contributes to being the endorsement on the passport for facilitating the legal entry of the non-residents and for the regulation of their duration of stay in addition to the conditions that govern the stay. All Indian Nationals travelling to Sri Lanka need to apply for a Sri Lanka eVisa online through the ETA system.
Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is an online system which provides official authorization for short visits (up to 30 days) and is issued electronically. Those who wish to undertake short-term visits must obtain an ETA prior to their arrival in Sri Lanka. Though travellers can obtain the Sri Lanka Visa on arrival as well, all visa applicants are encouraged to obtain a Sri Lanka eVisa online prior to arrival to avoid possible hassles at the airport.
Visas for Sri Lanka are split into two main categories: Visit Visas and Residence Visas. The first category allows non-Sri Lankans to visit for a short period. Residence visas enable non-Sri Lankans to stay in the country for an extended period or permanently. However, before applying for any type of Visa, it's important to know in detail about the specifications of the visa rules and regulations for this Sri Lanka visa:
1. Sri Lanka Visit Visa:
A Sri Lanka Visit Visa for Indians is an entry permit signifying the consent of the Sri Lankan Government for the admission of a foreign national to the country. The Visa contains details of the period of time and condition/s of stay. Generally, the Sri Lanka eVisa (Sri Lanka ETA) is issued for a validity of 6 months (180 days) from the date of approval, and one can stay for up to 30 days on each visit. The visa process takes up to 2-3 working days.
There are three sub-categories which come under Sri Lanka visit visa for Indians:-
- Tourist Visa: A Tourist Visa is issued to bona-fide tourists who want to enter Sri Lanka for sightseeing, excursions, relaxation, visiting relatives or yoga training for a short period of time up to 3 months. The Tourist visa is valid for 30 days and permits double entry. These visas can be extended once you’re in the country to a maximum of six months.
Note: Any person arriving in Sri Lanka by Cruise ship and wanting to enter the country must obtain a Sri Lanka Tourist visa before travel.
- Business Visa: A Business Purpose Visa is issued to foreign nationals who visit Sri Lanka for business purposes for a short period of time. This visa may be issued for single, double or multiple journeys.
- Transit Visa: A Transit Visa is an entry permit granted to a foreign national for admission into Sri Lanka for a brief period which is incidental and in the course of his journey to another destination. Such type of visa holder will not be permitted to go out from the arrival point in Sri Lanka. If you have already obtained an ETA Transit visa for Sri Lanka and intend to go out from the arrival point, the most sensible thing is to first cancel your ETA Transit visa and apply for a fresh Tourist visa. Sri Lanka Transit visas allow visitors to stay for two days. These visas are free.
2. Residence Visa:
A residence visa is a permit for a non-Sri Lankan to obtain residence and live long-term in the country. The visa process should originate from Sri Lanka-end by the individual/institution who/which will sponsor/facilitate the applicant. The concerned individual/institution in Sri Lanka should apply for a residence visa on behalf of the applicant directly to the Controller General/Immigration and Emigration (CG/I & E) of Sri Lanka. If the CG/ I & E approve the completed application form, they will then authorize the Sri Lanka High Commission or Consulate offices to issue an entry visa (valid for 30 days) to the applicant.
Please note, you cannot convert a Sri Lanka visit visa (Sri Lanka ETA) into a residence visa. The entry visa allows one entry into the country and is valid for 30 days only. Thereafter, upon arrival in Sri Lanka, the applicant must visit/contact the Immigration and Emigration Department of Sri Lanka to obtain his/her residence visa and provide relevant documentation when obtaining that visa.
There are sub-categories which come under residence visas:
- Employment: Including volunteer projects. The visa is valid for two years and is renewable.
- Investors: The visa is valid for one year and is renewable.
- Religious: For members of the clergy.
- Students: University, State-approved education and religious students. The visa is valid for one year and is renewable.
- Registered Indians under a 1954 agreement.
- Ex-Sri Lankans and dependents.
- Family members of a Sri Lankan, including spouses and children.
ETA for Official and Diplomatic passport holders:
Diplomatic and Official passport holders if travelling for a purpose listed below are also expected to apply online for ETA. However, if they are travelling on official government business other than the purposes indicated below, they need to apply through the Sri Lanka High Commission/CG. If they are travelling for private purposes, issuance of ETA on a gratis basis will be considered based on reciprocity.
- Visiting friends and relatives
- Tourism/ Sightseeing/ Holiday
- Medical treatment
- Participation in sports, cultural performances
- Business Meeting
- Conferences, workshops & Seminars
- Short training
- Participation in art, music and dance performances/workshops
Sri Lanka Visa application documents:
To apply for a Sri Lanka visa, you will need:
- Valid Passport
- Proof of travel arrangements
- Properly completed Sri Lanka visa or ETA Application form
- Financial proof to sustain yourself for your stay.
- Confirmed flight tickets.
Kindly note: Additional documents will be required depending upon the type of Visa
How to apply for Sri Lanka ETA?
- Choose the Visa type according to your reason for visit, on Akbartravels.com
- Fill out your Sri Lanka Visa application or ETA application form completely.
- Submit all the documents online and pay the visa processing fee.
- Receive your Sri Lanka ETA directly in your email.
Q.Is the Srilanka eVisa and the Sri Lanka ETA for Indian citizens the same?
Ans - Yes, the Srilanka eVisa and Sri Lanka are the same, they are obtained online for shorter visits (30 days) to Sri Lanka.
Q.How long is the processing time for a Sri Lanka Visa for Indians?
Ans - A Sri Lanka Visa for Indians can be processed easily in 48 hours.
Q.What are the different types of Sri Lanka visas for Indians?
Ans - The three different types of Sri Lanka visas for Indians are Sri Lanka Tourist Visa, Sri Lanka Business Visa and Sri Lanka Transit Visa.
Q.What is the Sri Lanka to India visa price 2022?
Ans - The Sri Lanka Visa to India visa price 2022 starts at INR 1999/-.
Q.How can I pay for the Sri Lanka to India visa price?
Ans - You can pay for the Sri Lanka to India visa price online while submitting your visa application.
Q.What is the Sri Lanka tourist visa cost for Indians?
Ans - The Sri Lanka tourist visa cost for Indians is INR 1999/-.
Q.What are the main types of Sri Lanka Residence Visas?
Ans - A Sri Lanka Residence Visa is applied for categories like Sri Lanka Work Visa or Sri Lanka Study Visa.
Q.Is the Sri Lanka visa cost refundable?
Ans - No, irrespective of your visa status, the Sri Lanka visa cost is non-refundable.
Q.Does my eVisa for Sri Lanka from India need to be stamped?
Ans - No, the eVisa for Sri Lanka from India is linked electronically and hence does not need any stamping.
Q.What is the validity of a Srilanka eVisa for Indians?
Ans - The Srilanka eVisa for Indians is valid for 3 months and permits double/multiple entries to visitors.
How can Akbar Travels help you?
Established in 1978, we have deep knowledge and understanding of the Sri Lankan visa regulations and associated laws. Our Visa Experts have extensive years of experience in visa processing that result in accurate, up-to-date, honest advice and most importantly a very high success rate. It is our highest priority to ensure that we successfully represent our clients and make the entire process as stress-free and pain-free as possible. We want to provide an experience which is as convenient and enjoyable as possible whilst utilising our extensive knowledge to achieve the most desired outcome: a Sri Lanka Visa!
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 90 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Honeymoon Packages | Adventure Packages | Visa on Arrival Packages | Family Packages | Romantic Packages | Weekend Getaways Packages
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights