From the Scottish capital of Edinburgh in the north to the coastal city of Southampton on the south coast, and everywhere in between, there are a plethora of beautiful tourist attractions in the United Kingdom each with its own distinct identity, history, and culture. Apart from tourist attractions, the UK is also recognized as the seventh best country to establish a business, whether it is a business tour or a meeting, or a conference, thousands of people flock to the country each year for business purposes and hence they need a valid UK visa to enter the stunning country.
A UK Business visa allows an individual to travel to the United Kingdom for business purposes. If a person holding an Indian passport is engaged in business activities with clients in the UK, they are required to obtain a valid business visa for the UK from the Embassy. Because of its developed and diversified market, the United Kingdom has been a high-performing economy drawing many foreign organizations and independent business entities initiating business relationships with companies in the UK for broader business objectives.
You can get the details about available UK visa types, documents required for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa center, and general guidelines for Indian citizens who wish to travel United Kingdom (UK) with a business visa.
When can you Apply for UK visa?
It is very important that you give yourself a lot of time to prepare your documents and all the necessary requirements for the application process. The earliest you can apply for your UK visa is 3 months prior to your travel dates.
Below is the complete list of required documents for a UK Business Visa:
- An original passport valid for six months from the expiry date of your visa.
- Online UK visa application form.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs.
- Invitation letter from UK Company.
- Evidence of your travel plans – ticket bookings, hotel bookings, itinerary.
- Original private bank’s last 6 months' account statement.
- Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years.
- Covering letter & Financial documents of Indian Company.
- Invitation letter from the UK company/business/establishment.
- Confirmation and details regarding the purpose you are visiting the UK.
- If employed, Letter from the employer approving your leave for a specified period. The letter should include details of your employment, duration, position, salary, etc.
- If self-employed: Evidence of your business activities, accounts, and financial credibility.
- Evidence of ties to your home country – e.g., ownership of property, family ties/responsibilities, employment ties.
UK Visa Application Process:
- Choose the right type of Visa – which can be a Visit visa, Transit Visa, Work Visa, Study Visa, and some other visa types. Most of the application process for a British visa, including the visa requirements, depends on your purpose of visiting the UK.
- Complete the application form online – Usually, the application form contains questions on personal information such as your personal details, contact information, passport number, the reason for wishing to enter the UK, and other information about your application. If the information in the application form does not comply with the information in the other required documents, your application might face rejection.
- Required Documents you need to collect for UK visa application – To apply for a UK visa you have to submit all the required documents, based on which the UK Home Office decides whether you meet the criteria to obtain a UK visa. There are different UK visa types for various traveling purposes. Therefore, for every visa type, there are specific documents required to support your UK Visa application.
- Schedule an appointment for UK Visa – After making the appointment online, print the email confirming the details of your appointment along with the required documents, and take it with you to the UK visa application center you have chosen to attend.
- Attend the Interview for UK Visa – Every applicant who is submitting a visa application must attend the visa application center in person, including children. An adult must accompany applicants under 18 years old. When you attend the UK visa application center, you will need to provide your biometric information, which includes a photograph and a digital scan of your fingerprints.
UK Visa Fees
|Types of UK Visas
|6 Months Short Term UK Visa
|2 years Long Term UK Visa
|5 years Long Term UK Visa
|10 Years Long Term UK Visa
Validity & Stay Period:
The maximum duration of stay period allowed per visit is 180 days (6 months). Therefore, an applicant needs to demonstrate the intention to visit the UK for a short period. Usually, the UK business visa duration is around 1-3 weeks but certainly not more than 180 days!
You can also apply for a longer-term UK Visa if you travel regularly to the UK. These UK Visas are valid for up to 2-10 years and allow multiple entries for up to 6 months on each trip.
Successful applications take 3 – 5 working days to process before the passport is sent to the courier for delivery. You can expect the delivery in another 2 working days.
Q.Is an invitation letter required for a UK business visa?
Ans - Yes, you need the invitation letter from the company while applying for the UK business visa. The document must include the letterhead of the company that makes the invitation.
Q.Where can I apply for a UK business visa from India?
Ans - It is advisable to apply for a UK business visa from India with the help of an authorized visa agent like Akbartravels.com who will take care of your entire visa procedure and will help you get your successful UK visa.
Q.What are the different types of UK Visa for Indians?
Ans - The different UK types are the UK Tourist visa from India, UK Visitor Visa (standard visitor visa UK), UK Business Visa, UK Student Visa and so forth. The UK visa cost for these UK visa types can be checked on Akbartravels.com.
Q.What is the difference between a UK visitor visa and a UK business visa?
Ans - The UK visitor visa is issued for the purpose of leisure and sightseeing activities. On the other side, business visas are provided to enable visitors to conduct business-related activities such as meetings, conferences, etc.
Q.How long can I stay in the United Kingdom on a UK business visa?
Ans - UK visa is a multiple entry visa valid for a period of 6 months to 10 years and you are allowed to stay for a maximum period of 6 months on your every visit to the UK.
Q.How many times can an Indian visit UK in a year?
Ans - If you have a valid UK multiple entry visa, you can use it as many times as you wish within the validity period of your UK visa.
Q.How many months in advance should I apply for my UK business visa?
Ans - It is advisable to apply for a UK business visa 3 months prior to your intended date of travel to avoid any kind of hassle last minute.
Q.If my UK visa application gets rejected; will my UK visa cost be refunded?
Ans - No! regardless of your UK visa being rejected, you won’t get any refund because the UK visa fees are strictly non-refundable.
Q.How much bank balance is required for a UK visa for Indians?
Ans - To, apply for a UK visa from India, you are supposed to have a minimum bank balance of INR 2,00,000/- to 3,00,000/- per person. It must demonstrate that you should possess sufficient funds for your entire UK trip.
Q.Can I work in the UK with a UK business visa?
Ans - No, you cannot do paid or unpaid work outside of the scope of your business visa with a UK business visa. You need to apply for a UK work visa if you are planning to work in the UK.
Q.Is it possible that a UK business visa can get rejected?
Ans - Yes, there are several reasons your business visa can get rejected such as incorrect information on your UK visa application form or if there is any proof against you for any criminal activity, etc.
Q.Can I convert a UK business visa to a work permit in the UK?
Ans - No, you cannot convert your UK business visa to any other visa in the UK. However, to work in the UK, you need to apply for a UK work visa.
How can Akbar Travels help?
In most cases, applicants face problems when they realize there are various types of UK visas, each with its own purpose and with its own criteria. At Akbartravels.com, we provide expert visa services for your visa application and we will help you avoid this mind-numbing application process; which includes online form filling, and registration process. We provide assistance through each step and ensure there are no errors in your application. Moreover, from cheap flightstoUK, visa to accommodations,UKtour packages and everything in between, we can handle it all.
UK Visa Blogs:
Apply Visa Online
Dubai Visa Online | 14 days Dubai Visa | 30 days Dubai Visa | 60 days Dubai Visa | Dubai Transit Visa | UAE Visa | Singapore Visa | Malaysia Visa | Thailand Visa | Sri Lanka Visa | US Visa | UK Visa | Schengen Visa | Canada Visa | Australia Visa | New Zealand Visa | France Visa | Italy Visa | Turkey Visa Online | Philippines Visa | Cambodia Visa Online | Vietnam Visa Online | Oman Visa
International Holiday Packages
Dubai Tour Packages | Singapore Tour Packages | Thailand Tour Packages | Malaysia Tour Packages | Sri Lanka Tour Packages | US Tour Packages | United Kingdom Tour Packages | South Africa Tour Packages | Europe Tour Packages | Bali Tour Packages | Mauritius Tour Packages | Maldives Tour Packages | Cordelia Cruise Packages |
Domestic Holiday Packages
India Tour Packages | Goa Tour Packages | Kerala Tour Packages | Leh Ladakh Tour Packages | Himachal Tour Packages | Andaman Tour Packages | Rajasthan Tour Packages | Uttarakhand Tour Packages | Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
Packages by Themes
Honeymoon Packages | Adventure Packages | Visa on Arrival Packages | Family Packages | Romantic Packages | Weekend Getaways Packages
Pune Bangalore Flights | Chennai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Chennai Flights | Mumbai Delhi Flights | Bangalore Hyderabad Flights | Ahmedabad Goa Flights | Mumbai Kolkata Flights | Hyderabad Delhi Flights | Bangalore Goa Flights | Mumbai Goa Flights
Delhi Dubai Flights | Delhi Bangkok Flights | Delhi Toronto Flights | Mumbai Dubai Flights | Delhi Singapore Flights |Delhi London Flights | Delhi Kathmandu Flights | Mumbai London Flights | Chennai Singapore Flights | Mumbai Singapore Flights | Delhi New York Flights |Kolkata Bangkok Flights