Eligibility for US Visa
To be eligible for a US Visa, the candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must have a valid Indian passport before applying for a visa.
- Must not have any prior criminal cases or any ongoing cases
- The applicant will need to have a letter of acceptance from any university if applying for a student visa or a letter of confirmation by an employer in case of a business visa
- Must have a flight ticket to the US along with a return ticket to India
- Must have fulfilled all the requirements to obtain a US visa for Indians
- Must have sufficient resources to financially cover yourself during your stay in the US.
Documents required for US Visa for Indians
While applying for a US visa online, the applicant needs to submit a set of documents to support their visa application. Required documents are listed below:
- A valid Indian passport with at least 6 months validity and minimum 3 blank pages + old passports if any
- Passport size photographs
- Printout of DS 160 confirmation
- Interview Appointment letter confirmation
- US Visa fee receipt
- Personal covering letter (Foe Employed – Plain paper/ For Self-Employed- Letterhead)
- A detailed statement mentioning the purpose of the visit
- Income Tax Returns/ Form 16 for last 3 years
- Financial records and bank statements showing sufficient amount to cover your trip and meet the expenses during your stay
- Invitation letters from sponsoring organizations such as supervisors and employers
- Day-wise itinerary
- If visiting for research purpose, a description of the practical applications of the research
In order to apply for a US visa, there are two ways,online or offline. However, the online procedure is much more convenient. Please follow the recommended procedure for applying for US visa online.
- After collecting all the documents mentioned above, you have to apply through the online portal.
- The applicant will need to select the correct visa type and fill out the Form DS-160 and attach the required documents.
- After filling up the form, the next step is to schedule two appointments as a part of the visa processing. You will also be required to pay a non-refundable fee of $160 while fixing the appointment.
- The first appointment will be for biometrics (fingerprints and digital photograph), and the second one will be for the personal interview with consulate.
- The visa decision will be informed to the applicant on the spot after the interview. If approved then the passport will be retained at the consulate and will be returned within 3-4 days after interview. In case of rejection, the US Embassy will return your passport immediately along with a letter of rejection.
Typically, the processing time for US visa for Indians takes up to 3-4 days after the interview. However, it may vary depending upon the different factors.
The US visa (B1/B2 visa) is issued for a period of 10 years with multiple entries and one can stay in the US for up to 6 months on each visit.
Need help with your US Visa Application?
Applying for a US Visa online could be an arduous process, especially if you are applying yourself. Many are unaware of the great difficulty applicants face while applying for US Visa. So, to avoid the risk of rejection it is betterto take help of an experienced visa agent. Akbartravels.com is an expert in processing all types of visas. With professional services delivered by our experienced Visa experts, Weprovideourcustomers with a swift and effortless visa processing. With 40 years of experience in Travel & Tourism sector we have helped a significant number of individuals in getting a successful US Visa online in the first attempt.
How to apply for a US Visa
Tips to get US Visa
Reasons for US Visa Rejection